expr:content='"" + data:blog.postImageUrl' property='og:image'/>

Wednesday 30 October 2013

Danny Butterfield - now I understand

While working on the OBA website and magazine I occasionally end up doing random research on various old boys and other BGS related matters. A while ago I was researching (ex-BGS) football defender, Danny Butterfield.

In his profile I saw what seemed, even to me, not a fan of football, a slightly strange statistic. Now, scanning the news today, I found this article on The Guardian website by Georgina Turner, which explains all.

I am sure some of you footballer will already know this but it seems like something significant enough (though not recent) to record here.

There's... the Crystal Palace right-back Danny Butterfield, who had to play up front against Wolves in an FA Cup fourth round replay in February 2010 and ended up scoring the perfect hat-trick in seven minutes. (The story goes that Nathanial Clyne, who did play at right-back that day, might have moved to Wolves earlier in the week; had that happened, we might never have been able to enjoy Paul Merson's reaction on Sky Sports News – "They need the money, great result!")

No comments:

Post a Comment