expr:content='"" + data:blog.postImageUrl' property='og:image'/>

Thursday 5 December 2013

High tide in Boston

No, it's not a Jean Ingelow poem but today's main news from Boston. Today's 19:30 tide coming as it did with the storms which hit Scotland and the north earlier in the day, has brought flooding to the centre of Boston.

Photograph by Ricky Lee
I know that many BGS "old boys" are bound to be affected. So far I have definitely heard of these people having flooding in their homes:


I came across this photograph of water streaming out of the Rowley Road gates of BGS.

I wish all our friends in Boston a safe evening, and morning when the next tide arrives, hoping that the damage is as minor as can be expected and that the clear-up operation isn't too painful.

Here is a more complete coverage from the Boston Standard.
Simon Meeds

I have now heard from Peter Sharman about Boston Grammar School:

I have just had a call from Paul Marsh to say BGS is flooded including the library, science block, staff room and corridor. Some items were cleared from museum but not sure what damage there is in there. They may need help with clearing up!

No comments:

Post a Comment