expr:content='"" + data:blog.postImageUrl' property='og:image'/>

Thursday 30 January 2014

Paul Marsh resigns as BGS Principal

Boston Grammar School Principal Paul Marsh has announced he is to leave the school.


In a statement issued  to The Boston Standard on 29 January 2014, Paul said: “It has been a difficult decision to move on to other things after investing over 10 years in Boston Grammar School. However, I hope that my tenure as head and principal will be remembered for the improvements made since taking over in 2010.

“The school was last year deemed ‘Good’ with ‘Outstanding features by Ofsted, student numbers have increased and the academy conversion has brought it autonomy over its own affairs.

“The most obviously ‘outstanding’ feature of Boston Grammar School is the student body, and I have thoroughly enjoyed working with some wonderful young people in my time at the school.”

He added: “I would also like to thank parents – and the Boston community in general – for the support and co-operation I have received in my time at the school. I wish everyone the very best for a bright future.”

The Standard earlier spoke to the school’s chair of governors Stephen Woodliffe who said "It is natural for a head teacher to have a career progression like everybody else, and he is entitled to do this."

"Parents needn’t be concerned", he added. "We wish Paul well in his new career."

1 comment:

  1. As Paul quits I wish him every good fortune in his future career. His name is added to a long list of venerated heads of BGS. In particular, I remember L.T. Waddams of remarkable fame and W.J. Ricketts, MA, TD, an unassuming war hero. Bless them all. Floreant futuri.

    ReplyDelete